Monday, November 4, 2013

If Life Gives You Lemons

While reading through one of the many books I'm trying to tackle before the new year, a specific passage in Reshaping it All by Candace Cameron Bure really stuck with me. I have always struggled with anxiety and worry; even over the littlest things. In chapter 9 Candace talks about "not feeding the lions," what she means by that is taking our thoughts captive and pursuing what is right and positive instead of dwelling on the negative. In closing the chapter she states:
lemons health"Our job starts by being alert. We need to interpret our thoughts wisely, dividing the good from the bad, and with a little self control (okay, maybe a lot) converse our thoughts in a positive way. In other words, stop feeding the lions! 
If life gives you lemons, you don't have to settle for lemonade. Did you know that one lemon could power a light? When attached to the right source, it can also power a motor. Imagine just for a moment what the lemons in your life could produce when God powers them! Poverty, sickness, addictions, and discouragement...the list is endless, but God's grace is not! Start turning those negative thoughts into powerful statements of faith by submitting your heart to your spirit today." -Candace
After reading this chapter it hit me; my worry starts with my thoughts. I need to "take every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5)" and think on the things that are good in my life. What has God blessed me with? And how can I better serve God with what he has given me? By asking those questions daily and with God's help I can eliminate every discouraging and worrisome thought!
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith." (1 Peter 5:7-9
All text © 2013 From the Ashes| All Images © 2013  naturalnews.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!