Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Prayer - Thoughts from Dad

Written: July 1, 2007
Dear Lord, 
Help me to delight in You---that's enough. 
In that delight will be contentment for me in the midst of the physical and emotional pain of MS.
You, oh Lord, have called me to fulfill a mission--You will NEVER abandon me or forsake me---NOTHING can separate me from Your great love-----Your grace is sufficient! 
Look how far I have come thru Your grace! You have been so faithful and merciful. You have helped me survive and have victory for 13 long, hard years with MS my constant companion. You have kept me in the race. You give me a loyal, strong, God fearing wife who is in love with you. You have given me 7 wonderful, loving children all growing in wisdom, stature,and favor with God and man. You have given a very rich past of memories and you continue let me use my brain, mouth, ears, and eyes so I can serve you and provide for my family! Through my many, many painful falls, Your angels have kept me from breaking any bones. You have delivered Tracy from her disease multiple times, given us many beautiful getaways, and blessed Tracy's voice and artistic hand. You let me see the country and the world, carry all my babies, teach my children many things, and share your gospel message to thousands.  
Why do I whine? Please forgive me again. 
You are getting the glory thru my suffering-----although the disease hurts me so, I cannot deny how wonderful I feel to know I am being used by you. You are using me as a big megaphone to the world. 
I need to get healing off the agenda -and just delight in You my REDEEMER!
It is NOT about me-it is about YOU! 
Praise you my Father ---to be used by You is my highest desire---May I always please You.
Keep my family close to You and protect them always. 
I love You.
In Jesus name,
Your adopted son,
Christopher


"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing. in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

What is your prayer today?


All text © 2013 From the Ashes| All Images © 2013  From the Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!