Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kelsi Reich - Testimony Tuesday

It's neat to see how Christians can maintain their faith, despite being immersed and surrounded by a secular world that constantly whispers lies of who we should be and how we should live our lives. Kelsi shows that it is possible to be a cheerleader and a soldier of Christ. What better way to reach out and be a witness for our Lord! 

Kelsi Reich - Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader  

"My deepest desire is for you to know how much God loves you…

I want to start off by saying that my family is amazing; we may have had to deal with some issues like every other family, but we are closer now than ever before. I am so thankful that God blessed me with loving parents and a sister who is my best friend, and partner in prayers and adventures.

Throughout my younger years I was involved in dance outside school, then track, cheerleading, interact (philanthropy), student council, and senior class president. I was on homecoming court every year and got voted as queen my senior year.

I would say one of the first turning points in my relationship with God was when I lost my virginity at the age of 16. Right after it happened, I was filled with guilt, shame, and disgust. I went home and cried out to the Lord on my knees in my room.

From that moment on, I knew that I needed Jesus but I struggled with attacks from the enemy because I kept it a secret for so long. If I would have just to confessed my sin, it would have lost it’s power so much sooner; it took me 3 years to share the yuck in my heart.

Point of encouragement: Don’t live with the weight of your sins. Shame and guilt does not produce a healthy life, but a life that leads to death. Confess your troubles out loud to people that can pray over you and for you. Know that you are not trapped. You have been set free from sin and death by the blood of Jesus on the cross. You are to walk in newness of life and enjoy the freedom you have in Christ.

At the age of 17, I was competing at our nationals dance competition when my solo judge approached me during the award ceremony, she introduced herself as a recruiter for the “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders” and gave me a packet labeled “by-pass”, which meant I was eligible to skip the first round of auditions. Once she found out I was only 17, she told me to train for a year and she would give me another by-pass when I was old enough. I made the team and also auditioned for show group, which is the elite group that travels the world doing shows and appearances. Then came the question of, “Ok God, yay I made it!…now why do you have me here?

To those of you who question how I maintained my Christian faith as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, let me share with you…

Another girl and I happened to have our bibles in our bags, so we all started sharing our favorite verses. This conversation sparked a flare in one of the girls and that night she gave her life to Christ…I learned quickly that God had me in the NFL as a light and encourager.

I gave God the glory in all that I did. I even got in trouble for writing “God bless” on everything but that didn’t stop me for standing up in what I believed in. Many were offended by my faith, buy I rejoice because “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great.” Matthew 5:11-12

On Sunday mornings, I was privileged and thrilled to share devotionals before games. This brought encouragement and light to our team in the locker room before games, our team prayed together before we took the field.

God showed me that I needed to step away to retire from the Cheerleading team because the doors to the mission field flung wide open soon after…how amazing it is to have a platform that touches multiple thousands. My prayer is that I will continue using my platform to put Jesus on the pedestal.

During my five years in Dallas, there was more than just Cheerleading, there were amazing years spent at Dallas Baptist University, my favorite classes were all biblical. There was a point in time where my heart was tugging me to switch my major from Business Marketing to Biblical studies. Now I am a full time missionary promoting the goodness of Jesus, sharing His love to the world.

As I conclude sharing my testimony, I want you to know that your story is unique and remarkable! God designed you with such great purpose and everything in your life will line up just the way it should if you keep your heart set on Him.

As you can see, there were hard times and victorious times throughout my journey. As my heart and flesh may fail, God will never fail me. He will never disappoint. The same goes for you. He wants the best for you because He loves you so incredibly much!

When the enemy comes and tries to discourage you or make you stray from your faith, rebuke him in Jesus name. Satan has no place in your life. The victory is yours because Christ died for you! He already defeated the grave and won the battle.

Your sins were taken care of on the cross. You have the opportunity to walk in freedom and utmost joy! Grab it and don't let it go, it's yours!

My prayer is that you would not read this and see what I've done, but merely be encouraged because if I can do this then so can you.

My deepest desire is that His goodness would be known and that I would be a living example of how God can restore anyone out of their sins just by His amazing love. God we thank you and praise you for being the only one who can save us! You are so good; I love you Lord!"

All text © 2013 From the Ashes| All Images © 2013  From the Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!